Monday, June 25, 2007

Cons of Beading Out on the Deck

Yesterday I was reminded of one reason why beading on the deck is not always be the smartest thing to do - I dropped my needle and it fell between the boards. Not just in between the boards, but it sat a at a 90 degree angle to the gap between the boards.

This was not just ANY needle - but the needle that's been working like a charm for me on the Beaded Journal Project. I was crestfallen.

Then I remembered that a magnet should pick it up. Ran into the kitchen, found a refrigerator magnet, but that didn't work. I remembered wearing a bracelet with a magnetic clasp last week that was picking up silverware. I found that, it was flexible enough to fit through the crack and twist in order to retrieve the needle. SUCCESS!

Beading is more that threads, beads and needles. It is problem-solving!

Today's Quote: The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. -Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I thought of you today, becuase I was thinking of beading out on the deck... But at the moment, my worktable is too messy to transport out there... and I wouldn't want to lose my needle either! :0