Not only has life been a bit crazy lately, it's been what some of you might call mind-numbing cold here lately. I've been taking advantage of the frost and have taken many more photos. There really is a beauty unlike any other in a very cold landscape.
Took a class from Marcia DeCoster with a bunch of friends on Friday - Romantica. I really liked the class and it was nice to get out of the house and work for a day! The possibilites presented in Romanitca are interesting and have been occupying my mind a lot since Friday. The structure of Romantica remind me of medival and gothic structures and designs. She is teaching it at the Bead and Button Show in June.
Haven't really had time to bead lately, but I am hoping that I can get back into the habit this week.
Today's quote is an Irish blessing: May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.
Monday, January 5, 2009
My beads have taken over. I don't know what I have and can't find what I need.
Every time I look for beads for a project I stumble across something that I'd forgotten about. It's like a treasure chest, isn't it?
Non-beaders don't understand that it's difficult to match colors or make them work right together, so you may have the color you're looking for, but not the right hue or shade. It can be very frustrating. I'll add that to my creative goals for 2009. Organizing my bead stash.
Today's quote is very apropos. From A. A. Milne: One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but I do think about goals and things I'd like to do. Here are a few creative goals I have for this year:
- Bead every day. That may sound easy to some people, but it's something that I often want to do but don't seem to have the energy to.
- Improve my Right Angle Weave and make that small bag I've been thinking about.
- Finish some of the beaded kits I've bought along with other UFOs.
- Begin my 2008 Beaded Journal Project. I'm so far behind, but I've been so busy.
- Work on a sculptural beaded piece. Just do it and quit thinking about it!
- Work on my beaded lady.
- Make a piece to enter in Bead Dreams.
- Take more photographs - carry my point and shoot with me.
- Learn Photoshop Elements 6.0 - it has changed so much since version 3.
- Journal more in my art journal (maybe I'll scan some pages and share them here - I have an idea for creating a new type of journal that I've been thinking about all day.)