Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone has a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but I do think about goals and things I'd like to do. Here are a few creative goals I have for this year:
  • Bead every day. That may sound easy to some people, but it's something that I often want to do but don't seem to have the energy to.
  • Improve my Right Angle Weave and make that small bag I've been thinking about.
  • Finish some of the beaded kits I've bought along with other UFOs.
  • Begin my 2008 Beaded Journal Project. I'm so far behind, but I've been so busy.
  • Work on a sculptural beaded piece. Just do it and quit thinking about it!
  • Work on my beaded lady.
  • Make a piece to enter in Bead Dreams.
  • Take more photographs - carry my point and shoot with me.
  • Learn Photoshop Elements 6.0 - it has changed so much since version 3.
  • Journal more in my art journal (maybe I'll scan some pages and share them here - I have an idea for creating a new type of journal that I've been thinking about all day.)
This New Year's quote comes from Edith Lovejoy Pierce: We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Happy New Year! Hope it is filled with lots of shiny new beads! :D