Saturday, November 3, 2007

Oh Crap! It's November Already!

How did November creep up on me? Now I am officially two months behind in the Beaded Journal Project, working on three. I know that if I don't get going on this project pretty soon that I'll either loose interest or will fall so very far behind that I'll be working on the September page in May.

And it's past time to think about making Christmas and birthday gifts. Now's the time to decide if I work on the project for gifts that I chose last year and was unable to do due to my father's illness, or if I buy gifts. I'll have to make that decision this week - the Winter Madison Art Fair is next weekend - I was able to buy a few gifts there last year.

I usually try to make personal gifts for my family. One year I researched the history of the victorian house we grew up in and that my parents still live in and wrote and illustrated (with old articles and advertisments) a book about the house and the people who lived there. Another year I published the family genealogy after working on the research for years - the research isn't done, but I've moved on to other things. Another year I made everyone a portrait of my grandmother. I don't know how much these gifts are appreciated, but I enjoy making them.

Have beading class today - the title is Bling Bling and it uses 4mm crystals and 15s. Don't know what the project will look like, but I enjoy the company of the other beaders. Still have to find crystals and 15s - not hard, but not easy since I don't know what the project is so I don't know which colors to choose.

Today's quote comes from Ralph Waldo Emerson: The greatest gift is a portion of thyself.