Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Discipline

I want to accomplish more - that is, I want to finish more projects and be more productive, beading/artistic-wise. I also want to continue to learn and grow in my creative endeavors. I have left too many incomplete projects and pieces in my wake.

This is one of the pieces I turned in for the Vintage Jewelry redone project.

I don't always feel like beading or doing something creative everyday. But I shouldn't let my laziness impede my artistic growth.

Everything takes practice. When I was young, I managed to practice my musical instrument at least 30 minutes a day, sometimes more, and sometimes less, but in order to improve, I knew I had to practice. I'm not saying that I always enjoyed it and sometimes I did whatever I could to avoid it, but I did improve with time (became a pretty darned good musician, if I may say so myself.)

That time for practice must be built into my schedule. I really don't have an excuse. Now to figure out a way to do just that. Build the time into my schedule.

Today's quote comes from Pubilius Syrus: Practice is the best of all the instructors.

Another good quotation for today comes from Henry Ward Beecher: To become an able and successful man in any profession, three things are necessary, nature, study and practice.

One last quotation: Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success. - Brian Adams

No comments: