Saturday, November 17, 2007

Inspiration!


Lately I've found myself very inspired by forms in nature, especially microscopic forms. I have a bunch of ideas which I hope to get a chance to work on soon.


Precursor neural cells grow in a lab dish - photo from University of Wisconsin.

Last night I went to a sale at the Milwaukee Art Museum called Ornaments and Adornments - an indoor art sale. It was a combination of very good art and a few artists that lacked inspiration (in my opinion) and really belonged at a craft sale. Frankly, I expected to see a higher quality of work at a sale at the art museum.

I had been thinking during the day about my germ of a germ idea and low and behold, there was a bead artist (we need a better term - people don't hear the word bead properly) at the show who had bracelets for sale that were along the lines of my germ idea.

I talked to her about my idea and was pleasantly surprised that she was willing to talk to me about her work. I told her that I would love to buy ONE of her beads (she only had bracelets for sale) as I do like to support artists. She told me to go make one of my own. Thank you, Debra De Wolff. She also had some very cool polymer clay work.

On another note, I am nearly done with the corkscrew necklace that I've been toiling over since September! People ask who I'm going to give it to. ME! After all that work, it's definitely for me. If someone I really like likes it, I'll think about making one for them, but I have so many irons in the fire project-wise that I may not get to it for years.

I want to finish that piece and do at least one beaded journal page this next week.

Today's quote comes from Buddha: Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

No comments: