Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Hogmanay and Happy New Year!

I am loving the blue moon tonight - lit the path to my door for me. Love the shadows of the trees that are cast in the snow. Beautiful. Cold night tonight - the air is crisp and the moon's light is bright.

Laura McCabe's Geo Floral Beaded Bead

I've come to the conclusion that I have far too many UFOs (unfinished objects) in my queue and intend to make headway in completing them. The first one I will complete is Laura McCabe's beautiful floral cube pictured above. I have one side done. Now for the other five and then to put it together. I love Laura McCabe's designs - she combines geometry and stitches to create beautiful objects.

Once I take stock of what I have in progress, I'll list them here - which is like proclaiming my intentions to the world! Yikes!

Tonight's quote is one of my favorites from Ralph Waldo Emerson: Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

And one more from W. Clement Stone: Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

No comments: