Saturday, December 12, 2009

Handmade for the Holidays Part 2

Frost Thursday, December 10, 2009.

Only less than two weeks left in the making season for gifts... Will I finish on time? Probably not. Will I have problems with a project and have to scramble for plan b (which I don't have)? Probably. Aaackkk!

Went to the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago last weekend. Lots of interesting things to be seen in between the bodies wedged next to the tables and in the aisles. Not a place for the faint of heart or for the agoraphobic. Didn't take long until my sisters were ready to leave. Now.

I did manage to spend some money - some funny cards, a skein of hand-dyed and hand-spun yarn, amongst others.

Renegade Craft Fair, Chicago December 09

Or, as we took to calling it, the Rebellious Craft Fair. I have my theories about these craft/art fairs, but they need to simmer a bit before I voice them.

View from the Amtrak Hiawatha from Milwaukee, arriving at Union Station in Chicago. Cool reflections of clouds and buildings on the Chicago River as viewed from the train.

And, oh yeah, got the Bead and Button Catalog today. Haven't had a chance to sit down to look at it yet. May save it until some chores are done.

Today's quote comes from Ralph Waldo Emerson: But it is a cold, lifeless business when you go to the shops to buy something, which does not represent your life and talent, but a goldsmith's.

No comments: