Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hang in There, Fargo!

Waited long enough and some of the snow that we got last night melted, so I didn't have to shovel as much. I've had it with snow - come on spring!

These tulips will soon bloom! I have faith in nature.

Came across an interesting site by a Swedish beader named Monica Rundstrom - take a look! She makes these awesome beaded stars, among other beady things.


My mind is on Fargo, ND and all of the people there who are banding together to save their town. The news said this morning that 88% of the population turned out to work the sandbagging operations. They are teaching the rest of us a lesson about community.

I have family there, which is one reason I am concerned. I watch the news for a familiar face. So far I understand their homes are safe, but that one breach will cause an awful lot of damage. That is one flat town!

Wanted to quote a woman named Eileen Lee from Fargo who was spotlighted on the CBS show "Sunday Morning." When asked about her outlook on the possible crest of the Red River, she said (while looking at the river only feet from the back of her house) "I'm cautiously optimistic, (pause) which for Norwegians, is practically delirious." That made me crack up - I'm a quarter Norwegian myself.

Today's quote comes from Frederick Buechner: The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.

No comments: