Friday, April 3, 2009

Bead Shopping

Needed some color today. This is a photo taken by Indah Susanti. Beautiful, isn't it?

Went shopping for some grey silver lined matte seed beads today. Couldn't find any, so had to settle for another grey bead for my next short (I hope) project - my second crocheted rope. Haven't worked on beaded crochet for a while, so this may be a challenge.

Question: why don't bead store owners let you know how many grams of beads you're buying? I find it so frustrating when one bead store sells their beads in skinny tubes, and another sells theirs in plastic boxes or hanks. I end up buying more than I probably need just to make sure. No wonder my dining room is filled with beads!

Quote for today comes from Anne Bradstreet: If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

No comments: