Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring is on the Way

On the way in to downtown Racine, WI. Awesome mural on both sides of a vacant lot.

Really like this figure. Lotsa mirrors. And cool eyes.

This is another detail of the mosaic.

Went to a bead retreat with the Loose Bead Society in Racine this past weekend. Took a great class with Kim Stathis - Mounds bracelet. A few people finished it this weekend, of course, but it will take me a little longer. Maybe by the end of the week.

I did manage to finally finish one UFO (UnFinished Object) from several years ago. Put the finishing touches on my first bead crochet rope. Now if I can remember how to do bead crochet again. I've had an idea for years that I want to work on.

This morning I got a springtime bird serenade on my way to work. The robins, red winged blackbirds and geese all sang for me. The robins and red winged blackbirds tell me that nature is approaching spring as well.

Quote of the day comes from Marcel Proust: The real act of discovery is not in finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyes.

No comments: