Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Good for the Soul Weekend


The ice on the lake front is melting. March 6, 2009.

Spent some time with some very old and dear friends this weekend. We laughed so hard and met new spouses. It was uplifting for me - they know who I was and it is easy to fall back into that old friendship we had. These are friends I don't want to loose touch with again.

We spent some time at Diana's house - Diana is so talented artistically and her house is filled with art and happiness. One of my other friends, Victoria, was in town to perform several harp concerts. I so enjoyed listening to the pieces she played - as flawlessly as I remember.

I have been inspired - by Diana's art and home and by Tori's diligence in practicing because she is a professional and that's what she does.

Fogged in lake front March 7, 2009.

Today's quote is attributed to the Girl Scouts, which is fitting because I met two of these old friends in Brownies all those years ago: Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.

No comments: