Saturday, February 28, 2009

Funny Little Fact About Me

I stick my tongue out when I'm working hard on something. Knew my twin did it, but didn't think I did until someone at work pointed it out to me. I was embarrassed, to say the least.

Saw this today and felt better!

WHY DO PEOPLE SOMETIMES STICK OUT THEIR TONGUES WHEN THEY’RE CONCENTRATING ON A HARD JOB?
Experts say: When concentrating on something, like a math problem, you’re using the part of the brain that’s also used for motor skills. Biting your lip or sticking out your tongue is an indicator that you’re suspending motor activity and limiting interference, i.e., concentrating.

I've also been thinking about getting a coloring book with designs like the one below to take to work to give my mind a break. I think it would help me concentrate a little more on some of the mundane, rote and boring things I do at work.


Today's quote comes from Buddah: Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

3 comments:

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog about my tatting demo at LBS!
The drawing here is intriquing - as usual, my brain is trying to make it into a tatting pattern, LOL.

Any Smith said...

yarnplayer, I'm going to put a link to your blog on mine - your work is so great!

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks :-)
I've added a link to your blog as well.