Monday, May 31, 2010

Why is it?...

That I forget about how wonderful it feels to work on a project?  To get into the flow and loose myself in the stream of the creation?  I've been working on this year's Inagottadabeada and it looks so awesome!  


What is pictured here is the Inagottadabeada 2008.  I came up with the idea and found 11 like-minded beaders to join me.  Each was given a square to bead with a supply of pink beads and given only the direction that pink had to go in the area on the fabric that was shaded pink.  They were not told what the design was, although I know a few of them figured out.


Wasn't the result great?  
Inagottadabeada 2008

This piece was auctioned off at the 2008 Bead and Button Social for a very tidy sum.  This year's piece is just as cool.  It is more than the sum of it's parts.  

Well, I have been feeling the itch to stitch lately, but I thought that it was crochet that was calling my name.  (Probably still is.)  

Bead and Button begins a week from today - a time of year I love.  I know that I'm going to be inspired and over-stimulated which is a strange combination.  Add to that exhausted.  Pleasantly exhausted.

Maybe doing Morning Pages and a little Zen-doodling this time around will help me feel more centered.

Today's quote comes from Linda Naiman:  When we engage in what we are naturally suited to do, our work takes on the quality of play and it is play that stimulates creativity.




3 comments:

Radu Prisacaru – UK Internet Marketer & Web Developer said...

Great post. I have been searching for this exact info for a while now. I will bookmark it in the public bookmarking sites to get you more traffic. I invite you to see my post, I hope you will find interesting too.

Knitrageous said...

Wow! That turned out great.

Any Smith said...

Thank you both for your kind comments.