Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thoughts on the Beaded Journal Project


Working hard to get February's page done before the official end of the Beaded Journal Project.

While I enjoyed the project and the challenges it provided for me, I think I'll opt out of the next one. I learned a lot and I've grown as an artist, but it's time to try something else for a while.

Have consistently felt like I was 3 or 4 months behind. I've always had a problem with procrastination. Never really liked deadlines although that seems to be all I do at work is to push paper off my desk and move on to the next pile.

I've missed doing bead weaving and I don't think I've really done any since last fall which is far too long for me.

I also owe blogging to the BJP. I had always wanted to blog before the project, but didn't know where to start. Thanks, BJPers and friends for your support. I have found my voice.

I am (once I get some of the piles of paperwork off my desk) looking forward to the Bead and Button Show next week, but I don't have the same anticipation that I have had in years past. Maybe if I had to travel to go to the show it'd feel different.

I am signed up for two classes - one with Robert Dancik that I'm really looking forward to and a bead weaving class with Doris Coghill.


Today's quote comes from Helen Keller: Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.

No comments: