Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Nearly Unbelievable Reason to Be Late to Work


Was late for work today - not my fault, really.

There was a car parked across my driveway this morning that turned out to be stolen.

I took a picture just in case (I'm not one to use excuses for tardiness or missing work) my boss didn't believe me.

The parking enforcement office (Number 32, no name) called to tell me that she'd give me a copy of the citation for an excuse if I needed it. While I thought that was nice of her to offer, I also thought it was kind of funny... Should have taken her up on her offer.

My boss thought it was really funny and said that I was awfully creative! (It's not easy to make him laugh - not getting his sense of humor yet...)

Today's quote comes from Oscar Wilde: Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

No comments: