Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year! (or February is finally over!)


Snowed again last night but my spirits are beginning to lift. While I was scraping my car off this morning, I heard a robin. Couldn't see him, but I knew he was there and he brightened my day. He's a sure harbinger of spring.


Spring must surely be around the corner. Now we just have to get through March when this city will turn into one giant grey slushie!

Also read The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder and I didn't feel so bad about surviving a long winter with modern conveniences. I think my grandmother grew up in a home with an outhouse. I can't begin to imagine using one all the time...

Today's quote comes from William Wordsworth: The birds pour forth their souls in notes, of rapture from a thousand throats.

And a joke for today:
Q: If you were stuck in a room with only a calendar, how would you survive?
A: Eat the dates and drink from the spring!

No comments: