Monday, August 13, 2007

Been Too Long

It's been way too long since I blogged. Been busy.

Sometimes I find it difficult to be creative while I'm so busy at work. I enjoy being creative, don't get me wrong, it's what makes me me, but work has been very draining lately.

I am happy to say that I'm nearly done with the July page - might be able to finish it tomorrow night after work. I tried to use beads that I had on hand, but they were too small (15s) for the needle. I'm learning a lot about embroidery and patience. This page is an impression of a moment in time - a particular sunset on the 25th of July. Once this is complete then I can begin with August's.

Mom's birthday is coming up soon and I want to make her something special. Blue and green are her colors. I have some funky lampwork drops that are cool blue/green. Maybe I can weave them into a necklace just for her. Wish me luck!

Beading class begins again on Wednesday. This go round we're making a netted basket. Should be fun!

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I find it hard to be creative when I always have to GO to work... LOL.