Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bead and Button Show Time of Year!

Well, it's been a crazy week.  


Learned some new things from Leslee Frumin and Lynne Soto. 


Every year I think I'm over the bling and every year I learn more stitching patterns using bling.  That's what Leslee taught me - beaded beads using crystal.  They are beautiful.


Lynne taught me to use bugle beads in designs.  I am having a bit of a tough time figuring out just how to put the components together, but I'll get it, eventually.


Lynne Soto's Celtic Bracelet
Met some nice people at the show yesterday - Andrew Thorton (who is having a big give away on his blog - check it out) and some of the show organizers.  What great people!  If they are tired, they do not show it.


Managed to keep my bead purchases down so far, but there is a special strand of topaz that is calling my name.  


All this and lots of bean counting to do at work and a very ill father makes for a very stressful week.


Today's quote comes from anonymous:  You meet people who forget you.  You forget people you meet.  But sometimes you meet those people you can't forget.  Those are your friends.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful entry, Amy! So glad you put your work on here. I've missed your blog!