Sunday, March 7, 2010

Retreat Time Again!

Downtown Racine, Wisconsin - Funky Hannah's Bead Shop on the left.

Every year, the Bead Society I belong to holds a weekend retreat just far enough away from home to feel like you're really away from home. We are very fortunate to have a great spot not far from home that has a great hotel right on Lake Michigan. Walk out the door and there you are! Racine, are you ready? Here we come!

I am so looking forward to it - a chance to sit and work on things with like-minded people is always a great thing. I'm looking forward to lots of conversations and laughter and beading!

I have yet to decide what to work on, but among what I take will be the makings of a gift for a cousin. I have yet to decide exactly what I'm making for her - lots of ideas spinning in my head.

I was pretty successful at cleaning out my studio - but still have a ways to go before I can comfortably work in there. Won't happen this week, but soon I hope to have a photo or two to share. What fun I had looking at artist's studios online trying to figure out what I liked and why.

Come back next week to see what we did!!!

Quote for today comes from my sister: Persistance, not perfection.

Keep on keepin' on, everyone!


No comments: