Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall is Here

Fall is here - actually feels like it began with the ending since it's been so cold. I think we're due an Indian Summer. The trees don't seem to know what to do - one in the backyard just decided to drop nearly ALL of it's leaves over night!

I think this is an ash tree and it has always been one of my favorites in the fall since it appears to glow from within. I finally got a couple of pictures at just the right time. Emerald Ash Borers have been found near my city and the thought of loosing all of these beautiful trees makes me sick.

Been working on housey-stuff and I have come to the conclusion that I hate paper! Well, okay, I love paper, but I hate recycling it and getting it in the first place. I also handle so much at work. Have you ever pulled out a file of paper that's just a couple of years old and noticed that it smells?

I wish I could be more paper-free and I'm trying. I don't get paper bills anymore and the internet has made writing checks nearly obsolete. One step in the paper-free direction. Now if we could just get magazines to allow subscribers to access their magazines online - no more stacks of magazines - awesome!


On a lighter and brighter note: I sat down and conquered St Petersburg chain yesterday. Made two short samples and am now ready to begin work on a gift. Felt really good to sit down and bead and challenge myself. Now to figure out how to put my own stamp on it.

Today's quote comes from PD James: It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.

No comments: