Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another June, Another Bead and Button Show

Image by Mabeline Gidez - Tiny Embraces pattern.

I have taken two classes so far this year - the first was Mabeline's Tiny Embraces bracelet. It was a cozy class - only a few of us - and I was the only one not to finish during the class time. Oh well. I'm going to finish tonight. I enjoyed learning the pattern and meeting Mabeline. I think that her designs stood out in the catalog this year.

Today's class was Color on Metals taught by Mary Hettsmansperger. I thoroughly enjoyed the class and made many pendants. It was the polar opposite of Mabeline's class - no mistakes that couldn't be fixed and involved using a torch. I was happy to learn a torch all day - feel more comfortable using one now.

When I get a chance, I'll take pictures and post them here. So far, this Bead and Button Show has been the best for me and we haven't even been shopping yet!

Today's quote comes from Anawanitia: Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.

No comments: