Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bead and Button is Here Again!

Tonight is the Meet the Teacher's Reception. All of the teachers sit at tables and some, like Laura McCabe and Sherry Serafini, are mobbed, while others are not. Nearly all take advantage of the opportunity to sell kits or patterns. And some of us who were unable to get into a specific class go in the hope that that teacher will be selling a kit that we like.

Tomorrow I have a class with Robert Dancik called "A Bead Like No Other" which I'm really looking forward to. Then let the shopping begin! Thursday night is preview night which is open only to attendees (but that doesn't seem to lessen the mad rush!) A lot of good deals can be had that night and I find myself wondering what will catch my eye this year.

I really shouldn't be buying much of anything this year. There is a lot from years past that hasn't yet been used. But I always seem to find something new. And I always buy seed beads.

I find myself not quite as excited about this year's show. Maybe it's because I just got home from vacation - I don't know.

One thing I do know: it sure would be a lot easier if I'd traveled to go to a show - then I'd have already gotten prepared for class and wouldn't have to worry about transportation and parking. But I do get to come home and sleep in my own bed each night.

Tonight's quote is a Chinese Proverb: Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I'll understand.



3 comments:

Padparadscha said...

Oh lucky you to go to the Bead and Button show ! Love that chinese proverb !

Quilt Architect said...

I like your Chinese Proverb. I have another to add to it, that I found in a fortune cookie.
Knowing and not doing is the same as not knowing.

Any Smith said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies!

Helene, I live in town, so it's easy to go and just as easy to get overwhelmed, but I love the show. You should try to come sometime - Milwaukee's a great town!

Thanks, sacredartist, for the other proverb. How true, how true and how wise those people were. The more things change, the more they stay the same!