Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm Stuck Ruminating

I'm stuck in a creative funk. Don't have the drive or the desire to work on anything right now. Have plenty of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) to work on, but no. It is not to be. I just don't seem to have the energy.

I have plenty of ideas, though. And they keep me up at night. I read somewhere that the most creative time of day is the time just before sleep. If I get an idea before bed, I will not fall asleep as quickly as normally. Nope. I'll just lie there and think about the possibilities.

Should I use this bead as a focal point on my October page? What about the other beads you had thought about using? A resin piece that I made languishes in a drawer somewhere. Should I dig that up and use it? Another piece would be good to use, but I'd have to cut some metal away and how do I do that without ruining the resin?

And what about that piece that you wanted to work on before the holidays? Like Aerosmith says "seems like my get up and go got up and went."

I want to become more disciplined in my creative efforts. And that requires, hmmm... discipline.

Quote for today comes from Arthur Koestler: Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and the pupil are located in the same individual.

No comments: