Monday, October 29, 2007

Mother Nature's Color Show

Oh, what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day! (to quote Rogers and Hammerstein)

I sat under this tree for a while this weekend, just enjoying the colors that only fall can bring. I particularly enjoy the contrast between the oranges and yellows and the blue fall sky.

Been working hard on submissions for the vintage jewelry reworked book. Have a few done so far, but the one that I like the most is giving me some headaches.

I'm on my 4th or 5th time around making the pendant for this necklace. Each time it gets a little better. Maybe the next time it will be perfect!

To quote Henry Ford: Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.

Today's quotation comes from Agnes DeMille, dancer: Who am I? the artist asks and spends his whole life finding it. (Agnes DeMille was Cecil B. DeMille's neice. He was one of the first famous movie directors. New piece of trivia for me.)

No comments: