Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!!!!!

This day, to me, is a day to reflect on the founding of this country. My Dad used to read us the Declaration of Independence each July 4th.

So, if you have the time and desire, take a minute to read this wonderful document that freed the United States of America from English rule. I love their language and wish I could write or think like that.

Oh, we loved the fireworks, too, and all of the pomp and circumstance that goes along with the day, but I sometimes wonder if the meaning of the celebration has been lost.

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

Today's quotation comes from Pearl S. Buck: None who have always been free can understand the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom to those who are not free.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Hope you had a Happy 4th!